The CHMC welcomes membership enquiries from historic vehicle and antique machinery clubs in NSW whose goals include:
• the preservation of vehicles more than 30 years old,
• whose objectives are compatible with those of the CHMC and its Affiliated Clubs,
• and whose membership includes owners of heritage, historic or classic vehicles
As a peak body for the historic vehicle movement CHMC is the strong voice of all our members, by joining CHMC your Club can be directly involved in the conversations and actions that drive the future of historic vehicles in Australia.
CHMC MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS:
• Club Promotion Your Club's details listed on the CHMC website - a simple way to raise your Club's profile with prospective members and the public
• Event Promotion and free publicity for Club events on CHMC’s website and Facebook - Council's web publications are viewed by tens of thousands of people annually
• Networking Meet with other like-minded Clubs in our Council and create opportunities to share member activities, knowledge and skills – many of our Clubs have established enduring relationships with other member clubs, enjoying combined events for many years.
• RMS Representation Issues and concerns raised by Clubs are handled promptly and negotiated directly with senior RMS staff by CHMC’s RMS Liaison Officer – Council’s excellent and long- term relationship with the RMS ensures that the matters we raise are carefully considered and responded to.
• Advocacy Opportunities for input to CHMC's respected advocacy group that actively engages with State and Commonwealth Governments on behalf of members and the historic vehicle movement on issues including legislation and regulation changes, vehicle standards, heritage, fuels, safety, and more - the CHMC routinely meets with senior RMS Policy and Compliance personnel and is represented on the RMS Vehicle Standards Group, as well other State and national stakeholder groups.
• Opportunities for your Club to be involved in the key conversations that affect historic vehicles - through CHMC meetings, forums, conversations and representation.
• Communications Access to current and authentic “alerts’ on policies and regulatory changes affecting historic vehicles - our Clubs routinely receive information updates on significant changes in motoring regulations and programs.
• Club Operations Access to assistance with club governance, management and compliance matters – Council can facilitate contact with a number of persons widely experienced in successful club management, they can assist Clubs with operational queries and issues.
• Upskilling and assistance with HVS, CVS and Log Book Schemes for your members responsible for approving conditional vehicle registrations – as a key contributor to the development and operation of both the HVS and CVS Schemes CHMC has a specialist and knowledgeable sub-committee ready to assist Clubs.
• Assistance with funding applications and other initiatives – CHMC can provide both advice and review for Club’s seeking external funding.
• Preferential Entry for your Club members for the Annual CHMC Rally – entries for the Annual Rally are accepted first from CHMC Clubs’ members.
For more information about YOUR CLUB JOINING the CHMC please contact our Registrar For an Information pack
Note - the Council of Heritage Motor Clubs NSW Inc. is an organisation for Clubs and associations and does not accept individuals as members. To join a CHMC Club in your area please see our Clubs page.