SOME VIRTUAL RALLIES, CONCOURS, A CAR MUSEUM AND SOME ONLINE READING
- Amelia Island – a video covering some of what was there, and another video on that essential at top American concours - the auction.
- The MG Club UK got to go out to Brooklands in June.
- And a little more MG – from the MG International in Atalanta
- As you’d expect there were a lot of red cars in Modena, Italy, for the Concorso di Modena 2021 Cavallino Classic
- The Great British Car Journey opened in May with over 100 vehicles telling the story of The British Motor Industry spanning the last 100 years
- And for something completely different - how about "slow steam" from 1893
- Watch the delightful world of historic cyclecars at the Festival of Slouth (for more info about the Festival and the vehicles)
- Blower Bentley recreation project at Bentley shows how a replica could be done. What these Bentley blokes say is important - “The temptation to use modern materials is always there. There’s always the temptation to say, well, this is slightly better, we could use it… There are some cases where you cannot get the exact same material as was used back then, but we’re trying to get as close as we can. We’ve steered away from trying to redesign, recreate, or reinvent what’s there.”
- Lots of good reading in the newsletters of Automotive Historians Australia
Heritage & historic vehicle clubs in Australia and overseas
CONTACT THESE ORGANISATIONS TO ENQUIRE ABOUT REGIONAL, LOCAL AND ONE MAKE HERITAGE VEHICLE CLUBS.
- NSW Council of Heritage Motor Clubs NSW Inc.
- NATIONAL Australian Historic Motoring Federation Inc.
- National Historical Machinery Association Inc. Australia
- Historic Sports and Racing Car Association
- VICTORIA Federation of Veteran, Vintage & Classic Vehicle Clubs
- Victorian Association Of Motoring Clubs
- ACT Council of ACT Motor Clubs
- QUEENSLAND Queensland Historic Motoring Council
- SOUTH AUSTRALIA Federation of Historic Motoring Clubs of SA
- WESTERN AUSTRALIA Council of Motoring Clubs of WA
- FIVA Fédération Internationale des Véhicules Anciens (FIVA) FIVA represents more than 1,500,000 historic vehicle enthusiasts across the world. The group representing Australia at FIVA is The Association of Veteran Car Clubs of Australia
- NEW ZEALAND New Zealand Federation of Motoring Clubs Inc
- UK Federation of British Historic Vehicle Clubs
- USA & CANADA Historic Vehicle Association USA & Canada
- Auto/Truck/Fleet Paint Cross Reference at PaintRef.com. Looking for automotive paint? What's the name of a color? Year/Make/Model Paint Code. Has colour chips too. A US site but has some UK and European makes as well as many of the vintage to classic US makes.
- Skinned Knuckles a monthly e-publication written by and for automotive and light truck collectors and restorers. Each issue contains helpful, informative articles about making repairs and maintaining and restoring vintage and classic collector vehicles.
- Second Chance Garage USA How to restore cars, how cars work, historical information on classic cars and on the hobby in general.
- The Vintage Car UK. articles on collecting, restoring and running vintage cars.
There are many small businesses around Australia that specialise in restoring and repairing parts and whole heritage and historic cars, trucks, motorcycles etc. s. Local clubs are usually the best source of information for such services in your area, to find a club near to you see our Clubs list for NSW.
- Mark Nugent Traditional coachbuilder. Dubbo, NSW.
- Old Era Services, Gloucester, NSW. Sheet metal panels and restoration supplies.
- Swanson's Gaskets, Hornsby, NSW.
- Vintage and Classic Reproductions Qld. Castings and precision engineering.
- Automotive Moulding Repairs & Polishing for stainless steel and aluminium mouldings, trim, hubcaps, grills. 10 Copeland Street,Kingswood, ph. 0247316445.
- SwapMeets Australia lists Australian swap meets and other events.
- Automotive Historians Australia promotes research, archival collection and sharing of knowledge about Australian automotive industry history.
- National Automotive History Collection Detroit regarded as a premier public automotive archive documenting the history and development of the American automobile.
- The Society Of Automotive Historians encourage research, preservation, recording and publication of historical material, international coverage.
- Coachbuilt an online encyclopedia of American Coachbuilders
- CarHistory4U for history of the motor car and links to car museums, clubs, associations, books and magazines.
- Australasian Motor Museums Association Find a museum.
- Australian Motorlife Museum, Wollongong.
- National Transport Museum, Inverell.
- Parkes Motor Museum & Antique Machinery Collection, Parkes.
- Antique Automobile Club of America Discussion Forum online community for those interested in exchanging information about ALL antique, classic, and collectible automobiles.
- Historic Commercial Vehicle Club of Australia Forum
- The Old Machinery Magazine Forum For Australian car, truck tractor and antique machinery collectors.
- TROVE one search, a wealth of information. Content from the Australian National and state libraries, and over 1000 other libraries around Australia.
- Country Motor, a FREE E-Magazine created for and by motor enthusiasts who have a passion for ancient motor vehicle, engines in fact any motor that is curious and old.
- TOMM The Old Machinery Magazine
Automobilia Collectors Club of Australia. Automobile-related items, advertising signs and literature, radiator badges, body badges, identification plates, motoring club badges, mascots, hub caps, spark plugs, number plates, garage tools and equipment, motor manuals, motoring accessories, and pedal cars, petrol pumps, oil bottles and racks, petrol, oil and grease tins, advertising signs, road maps, ephemera, historical photos, advertising material and associated pieces.