THE COUNCIL OF HERITAGE MOTOR CLUBS (CHMC)
REPRESENTS HERITAGE & HISTORIC VEHICLE CLUBS THROUGHOUT ALL REGIONS OF N.S.W.
Heritage vehicles are not still here by accident, they survive because someone cared for them through time, or someone rescued them just in time.
Members of CHMC Clubs own, restore and preserve cars, trucks, motorbikes, buses and tractors that are over 30 years old, i.e. heritage or historic vehicles.
Some of those vehicles are more than 100 years old, others are from the 1980s, some are rare, some are unique, most are everyday vehicles from our nation's past.
Their owners share one common purpose, to keep alive the sights and sounds of the vehicles, engines and machines that were an integral part of the automotive and transport history of Australia.
- EVER WONDERED WHERE YOUR CLUB IS GOING ? The Federation of Australian Historical Societies has launched the Succession Planning Guide and Workbook for Historical Societies and Community Heritage Groups.
- RMS NOTICE 36 - REGISTERING VEHICLES CERTIFIED UNDER THE ENGINEERING CERTIFICATION SCHEME. Q. Do all modified vehicles require certification? A. Only vehicles with significant modifications require certification.
- FEBRUARY 9 RMS CHANGES POLICY ON LEFT-HAND DRIVE TO RIGHT-HAND DRIVE CONVERSIONS FOR VEHICLES IN THE HISTORIC VEHICLES SCHEME
- RMS RETRACTS AIS NOTICE 35 re. ECS CERTIFICATES
- NOTES OF MEETING BETWEEN CHMC & RMS
- Summary of the CHMC GENERAL MEETING 28TH OCT 2017
- LOG BOOK TRIAL EXTENDED BY 2 YEARS by the RMS.
- Issues affecting importation of heritage and historic vehicles -LUXURY CAR TAX & ASBESTOS IN IMPORTED VEHICLES
- CHMC MEETING WITH RMS EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
- Updated CVS REGISTRATION CHMC APPLICATION & GUIDELINES
- Mar 30 - Apr 2 2018 CHMC ANNUAL RALLY - NARRABRI - for veteran, vintage and historic vehicles. Hosted by CHMC member - Namoi Valley Antique Vehicle Club. Information now on the 2018 Rally page.
- May 4-6 2018 The PRE-31 AUTUMN TOUR Hosted by CHMC member - Parkes Antique Motor Club. Details and Entry Form Club Events page
- May 20th NATIONAL MOTORING HERITAGE DAY is an initiative of Australian Historic Motoring Federation, to promote and display Australia's strong motoring heritage and also show the community, business and government the strength of the Australian historic motoring movement. Contact our local club/s for events.
Held on the 3rd Sunday in May each year.
- June 9-11 NORTH WEST RALLY hosted by CHMC member Gunnedah Vintage Vehcicle Club. Details & Entry Form
- July 15th COFFS HARBOUR SWAP MEET hosted by CHMC member Coffs Harbour Veterna & Vintage Club. Details