The Council of Heritage Motor Clubs (CHMC)
represents heritage vehicle clubs throughout all regions of N.S.W
Members of these Clubs own, restore and preserve cars, trucks, motorbikes, buses and tractors that are over 30 years old, i.e. heritage or historic vehicles. Some vehicles are more than 100 years old, some are from the 1980s, some are rare, some are unique, most are everyday vehicles from our nation's past. Their owners share one common purpose, to keep alive the sights and sounds of the vehicles, engines and machines that were an integral part of the automotive and transport history of Australia.
NEWS PAGE SUMMARY
- FEBRUARY 9 RMS CHANGES TO THE POLICY ON LEFT-HAND DRIVE TO RIGHT-HAND DRIVE CONVERSIONS FOR VEHICLES IN THE HISTORIC VEHICLES SCHEME
- RMS RETRACTS AIS NOTICE 35 re. ECS CERTIFICATES
- NOTES OF MEETING BETWEEN CHMC & RMS
- OLD HUME HIGHWAY HISTORIC HOUSES TOUR - joint National Trust and veteran & vintage car clubs Tour
- Summary of the CHMC GENERAL MEETING 28TH OCT 2017
- LOG BOOK TRIAL EXTENDED BY 2 YEARS by the RMS.
- Issues affecting importation of heritage and historic vehicles -LUXURY CAR TAX & ASBESTOS IN IMPORTED VEHICLES
- MEETING WITH RMS EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
- Updated CVS REGISTRATION APPLICATION & GUIDELINES
- CLASSIC VEHICLE SCHEME - CHMC an RMS APPROVED ORGANISATION for processing CVS registrations.
Check the CLUB EVENTS PAGE for Heritage vehicle events - Swap Meets, Tours and Displays run by CHMC Affiliated Clubs
Check Other Heritage Motoring Events for related events such as American Independents Day Display, the 39th Annual Corowa Swim-In & Ex-Military Vehicles Gathering, the 2018 National Veteran Rally at Forbes, 2018 Clarendon Classic, and the Early Willys Overland Roundup.
UPCOMING CHMC Affiliated Club MAJOR EVENTS